Open Beta

Discussion about Twisted Jenius's first game.

Moderators: FalseProphet, Vicious

Vicious
Overlord
Overlord

Open Beta

Post by Vicious »

The first, free open beta version of Twisty's Asylum Escapades is now publicly available. You can download it here right now. If you have any questions or comments, you can post them here.
Deathracer44
Twisted Jenius Poser

Re: Open Beta

Post by Deathracer44 »

This has to be the best open beta for a game that I have ever seen. There is so much content and action. I'm suprised that this game isn't that popular yet considering how well developed it is. I just made it to the part where you gain the electricity power, and you're finally outside in the courtyard. I've never had this much fun playing a computer game in ages. It sort of reminds me of when I played on my nintendo 64. Anyway, thanks for creating such an awesome game :D .
FalseProphet
Overlord
Overlord

Post by FalseProphet »

Thank you very much, both for the kind words and just giving the game a shot!

I'm very happy that you're enjoying it. We are hoping that its popularity will grow. Most people who have played it seemed to think that it's fun, the challenge is just getting them to try it out in the first place.
Walking embodiment of Dark Fun
TwistedSister
Twisted Jenius Poser

Post by TwistedSister »

Hi.
I have some problems with running this game. It said that it not running, 'cause it not correct configured. Sorry, I don't know how it in english, I use russian version of winXP. Well, messagebox with red circle and white cross.
Vicious
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Vicious »

Sorry to hear that you're having problems playing the game. Unfortunately I can't tell what the issue might be. The only advice I have is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game (and redownload it if needed), and to make sure that your system meets the game's minimum requirements.
TwistedSister
Twisted Jenius Poser

Post by TwistedSister »

Before 1st my post I reinstall it many times. Winxp sp3, and hardware ok.
Vicious
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Vicious »

We have done extensive testing using a Windows XP Service Pack 3 system and it has worked fine for us. If you'd still like to try to debug this issue, we'll need an exact copy (or screenshot) of the error text you are getting. We'll also need a copy of your console.log file which can be found at the following location after you replace "UserName" with the actual name you use for your Windows login:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Twistys Asylum Escapades\console.log
TwistedSister
Twisted Jenius Poser

Post by TwistedSister »

Ok. I can't find console.log (anithing with "log" in the name of file).
In installation path no cyrillic symbols.
Attachments
11111.jpg
11111.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 59579 times