Translations

Discussion about Twisted Jenius's first game.

Moderators: FalseProphet, Vicious

Vicious
Overlord
Overlord

Translations

Post by Vicious »

Yes, we did just use translation software to get all of our non-English text. But now you can help!

Rules:
-The text below contains spoilers (you've been warned).
-Don't just use translation software (since that's what we already did). You actually have to be fluent in both English and the target language.
-The game only supports Latin based characters (ASCII Extended). If you wish, you can translate the text to a new language which we do not currently have in the game, as long as it only uses Latin based characters.
-All phrases must remain in this same order.
-All formatting must remain intact; including escape characters such as \" and \n, capitalization, and other punctuation (including the quotes around the entire phrase and ending semicolon).
-We will put your name/alias in the credits if you wish, but this is not paid work.
-If you don't read and follow the instructions above, we won't use your translation (of course, if that was the case, you wouldn't be reading this right now anyway); and it may take some time before your translation is actually added to the game, as it will likely only be added as part of a larger update.

In addition to the text below, the "Instructions" menu text also needs translating. If you wish to translate this text as well, go to your computer's "Start" menu and click on "Screenshots" in the "Twistys Asylum Escapades" folder. Then in the new window, go up one folder to the "Twistys Asylum Escapades" folder (which is different from the one previously mentioned). Then go inside each of the following folders: "TAE", "client", "ui", and "help". Inside the "help" folder you will see a number of ".hfl" files, some of these files need translated (namely the "Controls", "GUI", "OptionsHelp", "Story", and "Weapons" files).

The text the translate is below.

"I bet I can climb back up to the top of that tree that I was just on, and use this fish to attract some bats and they will help me to get the gate code.";
"Zxynam twk wqupix zqr yqnzv pjnwxm.\n\n[You cannot understand what is being said. You need a book of knowledge to talk with the dead.]";
"Go get the evil book or I won't talk to you. Why? Because I'm just petty like that, that's why!";
"Find the dimensional gate on the highest floor and go to the temple of the great old one.";
"It's a weird, circular, alien-looking gate thing. Find that and go through it and onwards until you find yourself in the temple of the great old one.";
"The \"great old one\" is actually a gigantic mosquito posing as a Greek oracle. There, I said it. Now go have fun with that.";
"Do what the mosquito told you. You did write it down on the notepad after all.";
"Why are you still up here? You should be on your way to the first floor.";
"You need to get more posters and then exit the asylum!";
"You ate another brain? You're a terrible person!";
"Go back in the other direction and find the boiler room. Everything has been prepared for the summoning.";
"The boiler room, it's the big red room down the hall. Go there and do a blood sacrifice to unleash some ghosts to help you escape. Do I have to spell everything out for you?";
"Look, just go freak'n kill somebody before they clean up all that evil ritual crap that I just put there! Jeez!";
"Dude, what the hell are you doing?! This plan doesn't even make sense. The gate has been unlocked the entire time, just go back and bite it to open it.";
"Just go back to that gate on the other side and bite it to get out of here. And stop acting so damn crazy, you're freaking me out.";
"Those aren't even bats, they're seagulls! It's bad enough that I'm dead, but now I have to come up here and deal with your insane ass...";
"Maybe I should go back to the other side of the courtyard and climb that big dead tree next to the shed.";
"By clicking on the RIGHT mouse button I can use a more powerful attack. Only when my enemy's back is turned or when they give me an opening during combat.";
"Find the dimensional gate on this floor and go to the temple of the great old one.";
"It's a weird, circular, alien-looking gate thing. Find that and go through it and onwards until you find yourself in the temple of the great old one.";
"The \"great old one\" is actually a gigantic mosquito posing as a Greek oracle. There, I said it. Now go have fun with that.";
"You already have enough posters, all you need to do is float out the exit door.";
"No! My \"other RIGHT\" mouse button.";
"I guess I can only have two minions at a time.";
"Use me near fresh pools of blood, but you still have work to do in the basement.";
"Use me near fresh pools of blood, and make sure to talk to a friendly green ghost now.";
"I need more posters before I can exit.";
"The exit is on the first floor. Which floor did you think an exit would be on?";
"- You cleared the way to the asylum's exit.\n";
"- You cleared the way to the hedge maze.\n";
"- You cleared the way out of the courtyard.\n";
"- You got The Book of the Dead. You can now talk to friendly ghosts.\n";
"- You cannot talk to ghosts until you get The Book of the Dead.\n";
"- You talked to a ghost. He told you how to get to The Great Old One on the top floor.\n";
"- You got The Electric Attack. Now you must escape.\n";
"- You still need more posters to exit the asylum. You need 275 Cellout Points in order to escape.\n";
"- You were told to go to the sacrifice in the basement boiler room.\n";
"- You summoned ghosts into the upper levels of the asylum via human sacrifice. Go to them.\n";
"Escape Plan:\n";
"- You talked to The Giant Mosquito. He told to get a brain on the first floor.\n";
"- You found out you're in the basement but need to go elsewhere to escape.\n";
"- You have to find a way to get through the gate.\n";
"- You just have to bite the gate and you're out!\n";
"- You now have enough Cellout Points to exit the asylum.\n";
"- You still have work to do in the basement.\n";
"- You need to escape using the exit on the first floor.\n";
"Get more lives by collecting posters and find a way to escape the asylum.\n\nThe game's difficulty can be changed within the options menu (O).";
"Make it out of the courtyard alive.\n\nThe game's difficulty can be changed within the options menu (O).";
"The Asylum";
"The Courtyard";
"WAITING FOR SERVER";
"LOADING PROGRESS: 1 OF 2 - DATA";
"LOADING PROGRESS: 2 OF 2 - OBJECTS";
"You must find a brain in a jar to devour, in order to increase your own power. Only then will you be able to escape.";
"A brain in a jar could be considered a \"specimen\"; hinty, hint, hint. By the way, you know you're about to become a freak'n cannibal, right? Just checking.";
"As is often said in my native proboscis, \"Buzz buzz, buzz buzz.\" There you have it, my eternal wisdom. That is all you will ever need to know.";
"What are you doing up here again? You now have the power to escape. I, on the other hand, am permanently stuck in this other-dimensional temple thing; with all of the blood I can drink, of course.";
"So you didn't get enough posters, huh? Because that's the only conceivable reason why you should be up here. The ONLY reason!";
"What are you waiting for? Leave already! Wish I got to leave...";
"Did not save!";
"You cannot save while in combat or while there's combat nearby.";
"You cannot save while in disguise.";
"Save?";
"Would you like to save your game's progess?";
"The game was not able to write a save file. Recheck your Windows permission settings and the game's install location.";
"You haven't saved your game yet.";
"You haven't saved your game today.";
"Your last save was over an hour ago.";
"Quitting?";
"Are you sure you'd like to be a quitter?\n";
"Your last save was about ";
" minutes ago.";
"YES";
"NO";
"OK";
" CANCEL";
"NOT OK";
"Agree";
"Agree to Disagree";
"Close Tab";
"Close";
"Enter";
"Reset";
"New Game";
"Load Save";
"Options (O)";
"Options";
"Quit";
"Instructions (F1)";
"Instructions";
"Cancel";
"Press a new key to bind the following to:\n";
"View Profile";
"Remap Failed";
"is already bound to a non-remappable command!";
"is already bound to";
"Do you wish to replace this mapping?";
"Warning";
"Cannot load!";
"You cannot load a game while dead.";
"Cannot load saves from previous versions of the game.";
"I should try using right mouse button whenever there is an opening during combat.";
"I can change weapons using the mouse wheel or number keys.";
"I can bump into the posters that are on the walls to collect them.";
"I should use the left mouse button to attack.";
"Press \"F1\" to view the help menu.";
"I should try using The Book of the Dead near corpses.";
"Controls";
"Weapons";
"GUI";
"Story";
"Options Help";
"Patch Notes";
"Credits";
"License";
"Hard";
"Normal";
"Easy";
"Off";
"Low";
"High";
"Can only be done after a game has been loaded.";
"Weapon";
"Item";
"Graphics";
"Audio and Mouse";
"Other";
" Full Screen";
" Vertical Sync*";
"Aspect Ratio:";
"Resolution:";
"Anti-Aliasing* :";
"Shadow:";
"FOV:";
"Apply";
"* Requires game restart to take effect.";
"Volume:";
"Mouse Sensitivity and Keyboard Turn Speed";
" Invert Mouse Movement";
"Control Binding";
"View All Default Controls";
"Weapon Resorting";
"Move Up";
"Move Down";
"Difficulty:";
"Language:";
"Screenshot Format:";
" Disable Tutorials and Hints";
" Disable Online Profile";
" Manual Saving";
"Use Defaults";
"Does not fully reset everything while a game is loaded.";
"Control Name";
"MOVEMENT KEYS";
"Forward";
"Backward";
"Strafe Left";
"Strafe Right";
"Turn Left";
"Turn Right";
"Jump";
"CAMERA KEYS";
"Look Up";
"Look Down";
"Moveable Camera: Hold";
"Moveable Camera: Toggle";
"WEAPON KEYS";
"Fire Weapon";
"Fire Alt Weapon";
Asmial
Twisted Jenius Poser

Re: Translations

Post by Asmial »

Here is the spanish translation, if you want to add me on the cradits, add me as my username.
"Seguro que puedo volver a subir a ese árbol en el que estaba y usar el pez para atraer unos cuantos murciélagos que me ayudarán a conseguir el código de la puerta.";
"Zxynam twk wqupix zqr yqnzv pjnwxm.\n\n[No puedes entender lo que dice. Necesitas un libro de conocimientos para poder hablar con los muertos.]";
"Vete y coge el libro maldito o no te hablaré. ¿Por que? Porque yo lo digo, ese es el porque!";
"Encuentra la puerta dimensional en el piso más alto y ve al templo del gran antiguo.";
"Es una puerta rara, circular, y que parece alienígena. Encuéntrala y sigue el camino hasta que te encuentres en el templo del gran antiguo.";
"El \"gran antiguo\" realmente es un mosquito gigante posando como si fuese un oráculo griego. Ya esta, ya te lo he dicho. Ahora diviértete con eso.";
"Haz lo que el mosquito te diga. Lo habrás escrito en un papel después de todo.";
"¿Por que sigues aquí? Deberías de estar en el primer piso.";
"Tienes que conseguir más posters para salir del asilo!";
"¿Te has comido otro cerebro? Eres una persona terrible!";
"Vuelve atrás hacia la dirección contraria para encontrar la sala de calderas. Todo esta preparado para la invocación.";
"La sala de calderas es la gran sala rojo que esta al final del pasillo. Ve allí y haz un sacrificio de sangre para invocar unos fantasmas que te ayudaran con tu huida. ¿Te lo tengo que explicar todo?";
"Mira, solo mata a alguien antes de que limpien esa mierda de ritual maldito que he puesto! Jolín!";
"Tío, ¿que demonios estas haciendo?! Este plan no tiene sentido. La puerta estaba desbloqueada desde hace tiempo, solo ve allí y ábrela con un mordisco.";
"Solo ve atrás hacia esa puerta y muérdela para salir de aquí. Y para de actuar como si estuvieras loco, me estas molestando mucho.";
"Esos no son ni siquiera murciélagos, son gaviotas! Ya es malo que este muerto, pero ahora tengo que venir aquí y aguantar tu culo...";
"Quizás debería ir hacia el otro lado del patio y escalar ese gran árbol muerto que esta al lado del cobertizo.";
"Al hacer clic con el botón DERECHO del ratón puedo ejecutar un ataque más potente. Solo cuando mi enemigo me muestra la espalda o cuando me dejen un espacio abierto en combate.";
"Encuentra la puerta dimensional en este piso para ir al templo del gran antiguo.";
"Es una puerta rara, circular, y que parece alienígena. Encuéntrala y sigue el camino hasta que te encuentres en el templo del gran antiguo.";
"El \"gran antiguo\" realmente es un mosquito gigante posando como si fuese un oráculo griego. Ya esta, ya te lo he dicho. Ahora diviértete con eso.";
"Ya tienes los posters suficientes, lo único que tienes que hacer es ir flotando hasta la puerta.";
"No! Mi \"otro botón DERECHO\" del ratón.";
"Creo que solo puedo llevar dos esbirros al mimo tiempo.";
"Úsame cerca de piscinas frescas de sangre, pero aún tienes trabajo que hacer en el sótano.";
"Úsame cerca de piscinas frescas de sangre, y ten por seguro poder hablar a fantasmas verdes amigables a partir de ahora.";
"Necesito más posters antes de salir.";
"- Has conseguido pasar el camino hacia la salida del asilo.\n";
"- Has conseguido pasar el camino hacia el laberinto cubierto.\n";
"- Has conseguido pasar el camino de salida del patio.\n";
"- Has conseguido El Libro de la Muerte. Ahora puedes hablar con fantasmas amigables.\n";
"- No puedes hablar con fantasmas hasta que consigas El Libro de la Muerte.\n";
"- Hablaste con un fantasma. Te dijo como llegar hacia El Gran Antiguo en el piso de arriba.\n";
"- Has conseguido el Ataque Eléctrico. Ahora debes de escapar.\n";
"- Aún necesitas mas posters para salir del asilo. Necesitas 275 Puntos de Escape (Cellout Points) para escapar.\n";
"- Te dijeron que vayas al sacrificio en la sala de calderas del sótano.\n";
"- Invocaste a los fantasmas en los pisos de arriba del asilo mediante un sacrifico humano. Ve hacia ellos.\n";
"Plan de Escape:\n";
"- Hablaste con El Gran Mosquito. Te dijo que vayas a por un cerebro en el primer piso.\n";
"- Te has dado cuenta de que estas en el subsuelo pero necesitas ir a otro sitio para escapar.\n";
"- Tienes que encontrar la forma de ir a través de la puerta.\n";
"- Solo tienes que morder la puerta y ya estás fuera!\n";
"- Ahora tienes los Puntos de Escape (Cellout Points) para salir del asilo.\n";
"- Aún tienes trabajo que hacer en el sótano.\n";
"Consigue más vidas coleccionando posters y encuentra la forma de salir del asilo.\n\nLa dificultad del juego se puede cambiar en el menú de opciones (O).";
"Sal del patio vivo.\n\nLa dificultad del juego se puede cambiar en el menú de opciones (O).";
"El Asilo";
"El Patio";
"ESPERANDO UN SERVIDOR";
"PROGRESO DE CARGA: 1 DE 2 - DATOS";
"PROGRESO DE CARGA: 2 DE 2 - OBJETOS";
"Tienes que encontrar un cerebro en un tarro para devorar, así conseguirás más poder. Entonces podrás escapar.";
"Un cerebro en un tarro se considera una \"espécimen\"; pistilla, pista, pista. Por cierto, sabías que te vas a convertir en un maldito caníbal, ¿no? Solo lo digo.";
"Como se dice en mi probóscide nativa, \"Buzz buzz, buzz buzz.\" Aquí lo tienes, mi eterna sabiduría. Eso es todo lo que necesitarás saber.";
"¿Que haces aquí arriba otra vez? Ahora tienes el poder para escapar. Yo, por el otro lado, estoy permanentemente estancado en este templo de otra dimensión; con toda la sangre que puedo beber además.";
"Así que no has conseguido suficientes posters, ¿eh? Pues esa es la única razón por la cual te deberías quedar aquí. La ÚNICA razón!";
"¿A que esperas? Vete ya! Me encantaría poder salir...";
"No se ha guardado la partida!";
"No `puedes guardar mientras estás en combate o hay alguien en combate cerca.";
"No puedes guardar mientras estas disfrazado.";
"¿Guardar?";
"¿Te gustaría guardar la partida?";
"El juego no puede escribir en un archivo de guardado. Mira la configuración de los permisos de Windows y la localización de instalación del juego.";
"Aún no has guardado la partida.";
"Hoy non has guardado la partida.";
"Ha pasado una hora desde la última vez que guardaste.";
"¿Te vas?";
"¿Estás seguro de que quieres ser un cobarde?\n";
"Tu última partida guardada fue hace ";
" minutos.";
"SI";
"NO";
"ACEPTAR";
" CANCELAR";
"NOT ACEPTAR";
"Aceptar";
"Aceptar para no estar de acuerdo";
"Cerrar Pestaña";
"Cerrar";
"Entrar";
"Reiniciar";
"Nuevo Juego";
"Cargar partida";
"Opciones (O)";
"Opciones";
"Salir";
"Instrucciones (F1)";
"Instrucciones";
"Cancelar";
"Pulsa la tecla que que haga la función de:\n";
"Ver Perfil";
"Reajuste Fallido";
"esta ajustado a un comando no remapeable!";
"ya esta ajustado a";
"¿Quieres restablecer este mapeado?";
"Cuidado";
"No se puede cargar!";
"No puedes cargar partida mientras estás muerto.";
"No se pueden cargar partidas guardadas de versiones previas del juego.";
"Debería usar el botón derecho del ratón cuando haya una abertura durante el combate.";
"Puedo cambiar de arma usando la rueda del ratón o los números.";
"Puedo golpear los posters de las paredes para coleccionarlos.";
"Debería de usar el botón izquierdo del ratón para atacar.";
"Pulsa \"F1\" para ver el menú de ayuda.";
"Debería de usar El Libro de la Muerte cerca de los cuerpos muertos.";
"Controles";
"Armas";
"Interfaz";
"Historia";
"Ayuda de Opciones";
"Cambios del parche";
"Créditos";
"Licencia";
"Difícil";
"Normal";
"Fácil";
"Apagado";
"Bajo";
"Alto";
"Solo se puede hacer cuando el juego esta cargado.";
"Arma";
"Objeto";
"Gráficos";
"Audio y ratón";
"Otro";
" Pantalla Completa";
" Sincronización Vertical*";
"Aspecto de pantalla:";
"Resolución:";
"Anti-Aliasing* :";
"Sombras:";
"Campo de visión:";
"Aplicar";
"* Requiere que se reinicie el juego para tomar efecto.";
"Volumen:";
"Sensibilidad del ratón y velocidad de giro por teclado";
" Invertir el movimiento del ratón";
"Remapeo de controles";
"Ver los controles por defecto";
"Organización de armas";
"Mover Arriba";
"Mover Abajo";
"Dificultad:";
"Idioma:";
"Formato de captura:";
" Desactivar tutoriales y pistas";
" Desactivar Perfil Online";
" Guardado Manual";
"Usar Predeterminados";
"No restaura todo cuando el juego ha cargado.";
"Controlar Nombre";
"TECLAS DE MOVIMIENTO";
"Adelante";
"Atrás";
"Caminar hacia la Izquierda";
"Caminar hacia la Derecha";
"Girar a la Izquierda";
"Girar a la Derecha";
"Saltar";
"Teclas de cámara";
"Mirar Arriba";
"Mirar Abajo";
"Cámara movible: Mantener";
"Cámara Movible: Alternar";
"TECLAS DE ARMAS";
"Disparar Arma";
"Disparo alternativo de Arma";
Last edited by Asmial on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicious
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Vicious »

Thanks a ton!

I do want to note that since we just released a major update less than 2 weeks ago, it might be a while until we release another. But we'll make sure this does get into the next update (whenever it comes out).
FalseProphet
Overlord
Overlord

Post by FalseProphet »

Yes, thank you very much Asmial! That was very nice of you to do that.

As Vicious said, we're not sure when the next edition of the game is coming out, but we'll give you special thanks in the credits when it does.
Walking embodiment of Dark Fun
Vicious
Overlord
Overlord

Post by Vicious »

Due to some text changes and additions, the following need re-translated into Spanish:

810 = "You already have enough posters, all you need to do is float out the exit door.";
1650 = "The exit is on the first floor. Which floor did you think an exit would be on?";
1660 = "- You need to escape using the exit on the first floor.\n";
420 = "So you didn't get enough posters, huh? Because that's the only conceivable reason why you should be up here. The ONLY reason!";
1670 = "Choices";

The new version with the rest of the Spanish translation will be available in the near future.